FAQs for our Great Speech Clients
Knowledge is power! Knowing what to expect and how our system works is an important step in the Great Speech process.
1) What equipment do I need for a successful session?
No fancy equipment is needed for your Great Speech online session!
- A laptop or computer with built-in or external webcam, speaker and microphone is sufficient. While a tablet will work for Zoom, it is not recommended as you may have difficulty completing the interactive portions of your session.
- Headphones are recommended but not required.
- A quiet area is conducive to a successful session.
2) How do I access my session?
You will receive reminders about your upcoming sessions from Great Speech both via email and text, 24 hours prior then again one hour before the session is scheduled to begin.
To access your session, find the email sent one hour before your session begins and click on the link which will take you directly to the zoom page, into your secured session.
3) What is the Great Speech timeline for success?
There is no one size fits all plan for Great Speech improvement, though the average minimum number of sessions range from three to six months. After that time period, we will review the plan of care, progress and goals and together we will map out next steps or congratulate you on mastering your skills. Consistent scheduling and active participation is the key to your success.
4) When will I be charged for my session?
You will be charged at the end of each session. If you need to cancel a session, please login to your account to notify your therapist as soon as possible to avoid incurring a No-Show fee. 24-hour notice is required. If you have purchased a package, credits will be deducted after the session has been completed. Sessions marked as a No-Show are charged as a completed session.
5) Who will be my therapist? How can I reach them?
All Great Speech therapists are licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists (CCC-SLP). Your therapist will be selected based on your needs and the therapist’s area of expertise and availability. You can learn more about each of our talented professionals by clicking “Therapist Profile” in your Great Speech account.