Good news for parents and caregivers in Florida! Your child may qualify for the Gardiner Scholarship and can receive online speech therapy from the convenience and comfort of your home. This scholarship, also known as the Personal Learning Scholarship Account (PLSA), is designed to better meet the individual educational and therapeutic needs of Florida children with disabilities, ages 3-22 (or 12th grade).
If your child qualifies for the Gardiner Scholarship, you can purchase approved services or products such as online speech therapy from certified providers such as Great Speech.
Is Your Child Eligible For The Gardiner Scholarship?
To be eligible, the child must meet the following criteria:
- Residency: Only available for Florida residents
- Age: Applicants must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1 of the year in which the student applies for program participation, or eligible to enroll in kindergarten through 12th grade in a Florida public school or 22, whichever comes first.
- IEP: Applicant must have an IEP
- Diagnosis of Disability: Applicant must have a diagnosis of disability from a physician licensed under chapter 458 or chapter 459 or a Florida state-licensed psychologist
- Disabilities: A number of diagnoses are covered including:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Dual sensory impaired
- Hospital or homebound
- Intellectual disability
- Muscular dystrophy
- Phelan-McDermid syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Rare diseases
- Specific intellectual disabilities
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic brain injured
- Visually impaired
- Williams syndrome
- School: Applicant must be enrolled in a private school or participating in a home school program
The Gardiner Scholarship is not a set amount but rather is determined by a number of factors including where you live in Florida, level of need and grade, though the average for the current school year is approximately $10,000.
Your Child May Be Eligible For Online Speech Therapy Services
Great Speech is a provider with the Gardiner Scholarship, and we help ensure you are reimbursed for your child’s services. Parents and family’s value online services provided through Great Speech because its:
- Successful: Great improvement over a shorter period of time
- Secure: Therapy delivered in a safe, secure manner that meets HIPAA regulations
- Professional: Endorsed by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Interactive: Digital platform engages all ages
- Efficient: Eliminate travel time, mobility issues and weather-related disruptions
- Convenient: Clinical services provided in the comfort of your home or office
- Accessible: Flexible schedules available including evening and weekends
What is Great Speech?
Great Speech is an effective, innovative, speech therapy solution which utilizes video conferencing technology to provide live, interactive, individualized services online.
Our model provides a proven clinical alternative to traditional speech therapy for children and adults.
How Does Great Speech Work?
With a computer, high-speed internet, web camera and a quiet room, our licensed clinicians provide services using appropriate, interactive therapeutic activities and exercises.
Practice materials and follow-up resources are available for use between sessions. If your child is approved for the Gardiner Scholarship, we are here to help you ensure they receive the best care and improve their communication needs. Please contact us by clicking the link below to schedule a complimentary consultation.